Tuesday, August 31, 2010

When Mom's away...

You have heard the saying, "when the cats away the mice will play" I think you can say the same for when Mom's away. While I was away this past weekend, the kids were in complete Dad zone. What does that mean you ask? It means there is a long list of things you purposely do not ask; for instances, did they brush their teeth? is the house clean? what did they eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? did they eat breakfast, lunch and dinner? I have found it best not to ask questions like these until I am home and can see all four children with my very eyes. It doesn't take long for them to start spilling everything that went on while I was away.
This weekend they had a marvelous adventure hiking in the woods with Dad! They even got to take a dip in the river. Dad earned brownie points here with them and me. He had thought far enough ahead that the children had their bathing suits ready to swim!

No comments: