Saturday, February 11, 2012

Maybe it's Nesting, Maybe it's Pinterest...

I'm not sure what has harvested this new found passion within me to get things even more organized but I like it! Maybe I'm nesting like at the end of a pregnancy accept I'm not pregnant but I am expecting to beautiful Haitian angels to come home at some point this year (that's very hopefully by the way). It could be this amazing new website called Pinterest that I am completely addicted to. Anyways, who knows where the burst of organization came from but my family is definitely benefiting from it.
The organization started with the pantry in the kitchen. I considered it organized in that each shelf was designated for something particular but when I saw the "before" picture I took I was completely mortified that people had looked in there! Baskets changed our pantry's life. After the pantry, I just scooted on over to the kitchen cabinets. They had been bothering me for awhile especially when the kids had to climb on the counters to put dishes away. There just had to be a better solution. While I was attending a women's event on menu and grocery planning one of the mothers mentioned she arranged her cabinets with how well her kids could put the dishes away - GENIUS! Why had I not thought of that before? It was a total DUH moment. My wonderful hubby helped change my cabinets and every time I am working in the kitchen, no longer digging around for something, I fall in love with him even more.

Here are the before and after pics of the recent projects. Enjoy!

No comments: