Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Good ole Thomas Jefferson

My mom likes to go to D.C. every time she is here and this time we wanted to see something none of us had been to before so this trip we spent our time at the Thomas Jefferson Memorial. It was very pretty and way bigger than I thought. I guess probably because any time I have seen it, it has been from across the river. The kids theme for the day at the memorial was "see how many times the security guard can get on to us." It was dont stand that close to the chains, don't stand on the bench, you should not be over there... Oh my goodness, let us explore and learn about Thomas Jefferson! Noah was amazed at how big the statue of Jefferson was; Ruthe and Isaiah probably could of cared less. We also got to visit with George Mason. He hangs out close to Jefferson's place. It was a great afternoon and the weather was amazing!

No comments: