Sunday, May 3, 2009

A prize from Daddy

Clint has been extremely busy lately. There have been many days that he has not even been home before the kids have gone to bed. On the few occasions that this has happened a prize from Daddy appears around the house. The other night he called begging me to keep the kids up until he got home. I reluctantly did so (probably grumbling to myself something about how he had no idea what a crazy mad house it had been all day and that I have been looking forward to bedtime/quiet for hours now). Sorry, honey! Anyways, the reason was he had picked up a prize for the kids and was excited about showing them. When he got home he asked me if he could show them the prize. He was not sure because they would not be able to use it until the next day since it was so late. Trying not to give it way but let me in on the secret, he handed me the receipt to read. I read it and thought, sure why not, it sounded fun, it looked like some kind of water balloon gun thing. Everyone got all excited! Clint leaves the room to retrieve the prize and brings in a BB GUN and 6000 PELLETS! I was like WHAT!!!! Then he got a big kick out of what I thought it actually was. He has been wanting to get the kids one of these for awhile and I have been telling him no, no, and no. Guess this time he decided if he did not ask, he would not be told no! Hmmm... Maybe that's why he woke up the next morning with another kidney stone attack. Because he was feeling so bad, they did not get to use the BB gun for a couple of days. When they did, he only came down long enough to teach the kids a little gun safety, how to use it and how to aim/shoot their targets. I was not very confident that this was the best time to be shooting since he was all doped up on Vicadin but he promised he was good to go. Everyone got a few turns shooting before Clint had to give up and go back to bed. They did pretty well; actually hit a couple of targets and lots of trees.

No comments: